Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bryce is 2 months!

Here is an email I sent out the family back at the beginning of October when Bryce turned 2 months old:

"It’s hard to believe but Bryce is already 2 months old. I’ve been back at work for almost 2 weeks now and she’s growing like a leaf before our eyes. We went for her 2 month check on Tuesday and we’re glad to report she gained 2 pounds and grew a whopping 4 inches! Seriously!!!! Here are a couple highlights from the past couple of weeks. Brandon reverted back to his childlike self and played in the play yard, she’s practicing sitting up in her bumbo and holding her head up, and she LOVES bathtime!! Hope all is well with everyone."


The picture above is a picture I took of Bryce for her birth announcement. I absolutely LOVE how the picture turned out. Even if you can tell the backdrop is a touch wrinkled, it didn't show up in the printed version and that's all that matters!

This month Bryce started seeing somewhat what was going on around her. By that I mean she could see about 3 feet in front of her face rather than 2. We bought her an awesome Fisher Price playard at the recommendation of our friend Lyndsi who also has a precious baby born the week before Bryce. She also has a 2 year old so I take her recommendations and run!! As you can see below she loves the playard......and apparently so does her daddy!! It has cool flashing lights and it plays music....very cool!!



She actually enjoys bathtime! That little pink fish rag is awesome....it keeps her warm while we bathe and there is no crying whatsoever!


Our first family photo outside of the hospital. It's actually kind of sad that it took 2 months to get a picture but at least we were dressed up for Diamond's wedding! Bryce was a champ! She slept the entire time and didn't make a peep!



GGGOOOOOOOO TECH!!! She wears this every Saturday in support of our Red Raiders! They may not have done very well this season but she wore it with pride....and then pooped all over it and we had to change :)
Looking back at her pictures from just a month earlier you can see just how much she has changed. As much as people said that we would blink and she would be grown, I really didn't listen. But let me tell you....we barely have had the chance to blink and she's already bigger and stronger. At about this point, she started sleeping through the night, and I'm talking about 8:30-6:00. Pretty darn good for 8 weeks if I do say so myself!! She also had figured out by now that if you put her on her stomach that if she just tilted her head one way and kicked her leg real hard that she could roll back over to her back without anyone's assistance.....so much for tummy time!!!
I've included a quick 2.5 minute video of just what happens when hell surrenders itself to a diaper!! It was aweful! I did slip and cuss at the beginning....it was just one time.....I'm working on it I swear!

2 comments:

  1. I saw ob fb that your blogging and its my new obsession so I will follow you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chandler just asked to take Bryce out of the picture so she can hold her :) Love the video!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.