Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh To Swim and Talk!!!!






So I've gone a little nuts and WAY overboard and have bought Bryce, no lie, 7 bathing suits. They're just so darn cute when they're that small!! They're all different too....one has a board shirt and bikini bottom, one has a board shirt and swim shorts, one is a long sleeve board shirt and bikini bottom with ruffles and then there are the one piece suits.....the giraffe print, the pink with pieces of watermelon on it, the the pink with stitching like seeds and a green halter neck to look like a strawberry and the yellow one....that has a built in skirt....and a green aligator on it! Way too many options to just pick one! It's a good thing Bryce LOVES the water and LOVES to swim! We started slow and had a play date at Dustin and Janiece's and Bryce got to get in a kiddy pool with about an inch of water in it. She was in hog heaven!!!





Then we went over to Paul and Marlo's house for our annual "end of the season" softball party. They had set up a little pool over there as well. Now this time she was way more interested in playing with a plastic cup and drinking the water on the sidelines than she was about swimming. (Now I'm not sure why but apparently I only remember my camera when Bryce is wearing the yellow bathing suit with the aligator....stay tuned.....more pictures to come).


Apparently I like to use my child as a prop as well. I'm not sure what my problem is but I think it's hilarious to put diapers on her head or funny sunglasses. In this instance, Erin gave her a bathing suit with a sewn on "grass skirt" and she has already out grown it. But me being my innovative self put it to good use.....
We finally introduced her to Keek and Doodad's pool. She loves the waterfall, she loves "kick kick kick" and "splash splash splash", she even loves the ring that my mom got her so she can float by herself.
Now I'm not saying that Bryce is "advanced" by any means, but she's saying "doggy" and "fishy" and "listen"....I'm just sayin!!! Now, I've been working on Mama since she started making noise come out of her mouth and she still stares at me like I'm crazy. But the minute she sees the fish tank she busts out a very noticeable "sheee sheee sheee". Then once you make your way to the back door and see the dogs she starts clapping and pointing in such a way that one might mistake her for a Chinese dictator and starts yelling "doggy doggy". And finally, ever since she's been at my mom's during the day, my dad and brother come home for lunch. At my parents house it is very noticeable when someone opens the side door. The minute it opens, Bryce goes silent, and from the MILLION times my mom says "Brycie, who is it?? Listen"....she has started saying "hissen". No mama.....but wait....we have listen! Who is this kid?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.