We got Bryce baptized on Saturday June 26th at St. Paul. Father Henry was gracious enough to come to another church and perform the ceremony for us. I'm not sure why there always has to be issues at that church but there are. When Brandon and I got married it was a total fiasco. We were told one thing and then got pretty much yelled at for doing what we were told originally. Then they said that what I was told wasn't correct, yet they are the ones that made the rules, and that we were to do something entirely different. ANNOYING!!! This time around, we were about to start and Father Henry asked if I had set up the baptism with the church. I said yes and I called last week to confirm, why? He went on to say that apparently someone didn't get the memo and that the chapel where the baptisms take place was locked and that we'd have to wing it in the big church. REALLY....WHY???
We went back and forth a million times on who we were going to choose for Godparents. We initially thought that we would make all 4 of our brothers Godfathers. But really, we're gonna have another kid....NOT ANYTIME SOON!!...but we thought we would have Wesley and Blaine now and then for the next one we would have Kyle and Bailey. For me, Meredith was an easy choice. The next one will be a little more difficult but I'm sure we'll work something out!
All in all, even with winging it, the baptism went over really well! Bryce looked as cute as can be in her dress that my mom bought her and the hairbow that Brandon's mom got her. Not to worry, she sported her Texas Tech bloomers underneath from her momma and daddy!!Now, Bryce normally naps in the morning but this particular day she was having none of that. By the time we got to the church she was doing okay and chatting incessantly! I'm talkin, she chatted nearly the whole baptism. Towards the end she started getting a little restless and fussy and was just pretty much done with the whole thing. The only thing that kept her quiet was me whispering patty cake in her ear, which immediately brought on a smile.
Father Henry performed a Mother's Blessing and a Father's Blessing. It was as if Bryce knew exactly what was going on. In the Mother's Blessing, Bryce literally turned aroung and followed Father Henry's leadon my head like she was taking part in the blessing. Then when the Father's Blessing took place, she turned and looked at Brandon and smiled as if she knew what Father Henry was saying and totally taking part in the ceremony. It was really sweet!
At the very end Father Henry lifted Bryce up in the air to present her to the group witnessing her baptism. It was very Lion King, as Kyle put it.

Post baptism and much needed nap:



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.