Happy Freakin New Year!!!So this week didn't start off so well. I decided at the last minute to take the week off since I had the vacation days left. Brandon called at lunch on Monday to let me know that he had been laid off. Not exactly the news you look forward to hearing the day you get back from your Christmas vacation!! In any event, he's already filed for unemployment, I've already added him to my health insurance, he's working on his portfolio and we are convinced that we will have good things coming our way in 2010!! If you know of anyone in need of a Landscape Architect....send them our way!!
On another note, I got an email saying that I was going to have a new boss starting Monday the 4th and that we would be required to be at the office at 8:00am every day. No offense but the reason I like my job and the luxury behind it is the fact that our days can be flexible. Apparently that won't be the case anymore!!
PaPaw and Neecie got to come in and stay with Bryce for New Year's so that Brandon and I could go ring in the New Year in style. Let me tell you.....I have not stayed up that late since the first couple of weeks Bryce was born....and this was by choice!! Can you say EXHAUSTED today!! Oh well, it only happens once a year and thankfully, it's only Friday so we have a few days to recover!! HAPPY 2010!!!
P.S.-I hear eating cabbage and greens on New Year's Day will send you wealth in the new year....I hate greens but I'm pretty sure I'll be shoveling them in this year!!!
Good job on the blog Laney and by the way...gray rarely looks good on blondes...it's for us gray haired folk!!!!
ReplyDelete